Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

4o/45 round AR mags

Sestock

...I want to try a Thermold anybody have any experience with them?...

If you're referring to the 30/45 round Thermold...

YMMV, but I have a couple, and they're absolutely reliable. I'll add, though, that they're two out of six that I bought, and the other four weren't.

They're "emergency backups" only, now, to my DPMS 45's, which are all 100%...

The suddendeath mags are definately a nice mag and hes a great guy to deal with and it will work. If it won't work he will take care of you and get it to work

Can you post a picture of this conversion

or does Suddendeath have a website?????

I tried to order a 45 rd from dpms and they kept getting back ordered multiple times. I guess they are a hot item these days. I ended up ordering a couple 40 rndrs from cdnn. they were only $14.99, and I just got them last week and haven't had a chance to run them. I know you get what you pay for so I'm kind of holding my breath to see if they run 100%. Visually they look good, if they run as good as they look I've got winners...other wise I'll have a couple mags for sale, but only after the dems get in office. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
The suddendeath mags are definately a nice mag and hes a great guy to deal with and it will work. If it won't work he will take care of you and get it to work

I second the motion that suddendeath's mags are nice. Had mine about a year and have used it every stage of every match and it has ran 100% period. Never even a hiccup in practice either. Good quality stuff. I wonder how many of his mags are out there. Everyone I know has one. Send him a PM and he'll get you hooked up.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Ya mine has run 100% as well. I use it on any of the courses over about 26-28 rounds to give me a few extras if need be. If it is a table start of the rifle where you have to move to the rifle pick it up and go I plan on usuing the new beta mag I just got since it conveniently props the gun up for you.