Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

convert .40S&W STI magazine to 9mm ?

boo radley

Probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between a 126mm STI magazine for .40S&W and a 126mm 9mm mag? I'm assuming the follower and mag lip dimensions....anything else? Would it be possible to convert the 40 to 9 with careful bending of the lips?

Thx!

Probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between a 126mm STI magazine for .40S&W and a 126mm 9mm mag? I'm assuming the follower and mag lip dimensions....anything else? Would it be possible to convert the 40 to 9 with careful bending of the lips?

Thx!

Boo,

I am sure the experts will chime in but I think the issue is the spacing between the indentations on the sides of the tubes. With the reduced diameter of the 9s, they may not stagger correctly, which of course instantly triggers profanity generation during stages. <_<

Later,

Chuck

Chuck is correct,

The internal dimensions between spacing groves is the main difference, along with the feed lips. Major metal moving and bending is need to change the caliber of a given mag tube, and it is not cost effective compared to just buy another tube.