Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big money stuff that does not work right

JKSNIPER

bwa-ha-ha-ha

Some people believe the way to get rich is by leveraging OPM (Other People's Money)

Well.... I got to race state-of-the-art sailboats all over the world, leveraging OPBs (Other People's Boats)

I *highly* endorse this approach... it's a great feeling to be able to say "thanks, see you next time" and leave while the owner is still writing checks :cheers:

B

Edited by bgary

I hate manufacturers that lure guys in to spending their hard earned money on this great thing thats such a great thing you can't compete and win without it and guys buy it for $2000+ and then they're forced to spend even MORE money to make it work right!

What ever happened to American pride in your products and standing behind them?

Why do guys accept this and just take for granted they are going to have to spend money to tweak something that IMHO should work NOW not after its "tweaked"!!!

Whoa..... I just had a deja vu moment to a thread about 1911's!

I agree with you completely. Everything now is junk with a warranty..... they really don't give a damn about QA, they use their customers as the QA department.

Edited by bountyhunter

Any piece of machinery needs to be fine-tuned, and then broken in.

Even new cars that cost upwards of $20,000 have a "break-in period".

Not really. The tolerances and fit are so tight in the engine now that's pretty much a thing of the past. The machine shop that did my engine work said the new BMW's have a piston to cylinder clearance spec of about 1/4 of a thousandth of an inch..... :surprise:

YEOWWW!

Any piece of machinery needs to be fine-tuned, and then broken in.

Even new cars that cost upwards of $20,000 have a "break-in period".

Not really. The tolerances and fit are so tight in the engine now that's pretty much a thing of the past. The machine shop that did my engine work said the new BMW's have a piston to cylinder clearance spec of about 1/4 of a thousandth of an inch..... :surprise:

YEOWWW!

Ya, I think the OBC for the first oil change is 20K :surprise: