Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What goes around, Comes around.........

9x21

So I was reflecting on my first ever pistol today.

29 years ago, I turned 21.

In CT, that means your old enough to get a pistol permit. I couldn't wait to get mine! As soon as I did, I headed straight to the local gun shop. The old fellow who ran it, sold me my first pistola! A brand spankin new S&W model 27!, 8 3/8 pinned barrel, presentation case the works!

I have no clue why I bought such a horse pistol, but man, it was a beauty!

I even bought a big whippin shoulder holster to haul it around in. (I'm thinking Dirty Harry influence!)

It would years before I actually learned how to actually shot a pistol with any skill, a few more before I would start to compete...........

That wonderful first gun was sold years ago to fund my advance in the shooting sports....

Fast forward to last week, My buddy Dave is in search of a used L frame, which suddenly are as common as unicorns... We visit some gun shops around the state, No L frames for Dave, but I see this most modern version of my old first love. :wub:

A used 627 8 shot 38/357 4 inch. This thing is mint, I look at it, looks like it was never fired! What do you want for it? I ask,

$575 is the price the guy says...................

I don't really need it, so Dave & I leave........

All the way home I'm thinking, man that was a great deal!

I can't get it out of my head, so back I go a few days later.

I have a SIG 239 to trade, nice pistol, I figure to get $350-400 in trade if I'm lucky.

I ask the owner what the Sig is worth toward the 627,

He looks it over, walks away, comes back, says

your Sig & 50 bucks! :goof:

DEAL says I,

I can't fill out the paperwork fast enough! :lol:

While I'm doing it, some local cops come into the shop to buy stuff, All I can think is they are going to arrest me for stealing the 627!

So, 29 years after my first pistol, I got a great deal on the latest version of the original! :wub:

What goes around may well come around again!

Edited by 9x21