Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring

sinnsyk

Just added to the store, Wolff extra power Extractor Spring. These are about 25% stronger than the factory and have been known to fix extractor failure due to low extractor tension. I also recommend adjusting the extractor knob, see my article in Tech Forum "Tune for 38 Rimless".

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/wolff.html

• 4 months later...

I have a question,...what are the first signs that an extractor or extractor spring need replacing? I have no clue how many rounds I have thru my Stock2,..but I guesstimate at approx. 7000 to 9000+ rounds....

I had two stove pipes at a 450rd practice today,..I had 230 + rounds thru it at a match, and approx. 1000rds altogether since the last major cleaning (extractor was cleaned out),.....

so I had 3 stove pipes in 1000rds. The brass does not seem to flying too far,...landing just to my right about 2feet over,..and 1ft back. I am using 135pf 147gr ammo,..the recoil spring is OEM at approx. 11.2 lbs.

Any suggestions,...opinions? SHould I replace the extractor spring and extractor?

Edited by Mo Hepworth

Just replaced my extractor and spring for new ones. I noticed very little difference in the spring tension,..but noticed the new extractor had more of a hook to the inside than the old one had,..which appeared to have a straight edge, and even rounded a bit. I will try it out this monday,..I can foresee a problem, but want to put at least 500-1000rds downrange over the next couple of practice sessions.