Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting CR speed WSM II for left-handed use

cz75ipsc

It's easy to convert....you need to drill a pilot hole trought the normal side then drill from the plastic side the proper side...not too far, then used the two longer bolts that are provided.....been there done that.

That's the closest thing I found with search. Problem is, it's almost as vague as the instructions that came with the holster. Could someone who, preferrably, has done a conversion or seen one done explain it more specifically. Where exactly do I drill, how deep etc. A picture of a converted CR Speed would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Man it's been a while since I last visited here...

I have a CR Speed revolver holster that had to be switched over because I am left handed. There are three threaded brass inserts on the right side of the holster. You only attach to the two lower ones. The top hole is pretty close to the locking lever, I would not use this hole so it does not get in the way of the plastic block that mounts to the metal on the hanger. Very carefully from the brass insert side, drill a small pilot hole through the holster. Be careful not to hit the inserts as you wil screw up the threads. Then from the other side of the holster drill a bigger hole back to the inserts. You don't want this hole to big, keep it a little smaller than the bolt, it will grab on the plastic a little as well. When you put it all back together, the longer bolts go through the plastic and screw into the back side of the inserts now. Thats it. Unfortunatly you can not switch the locking lever around, it will be closest to your body now. Remember that all the bolts on this thing are metric.

Tom