Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Twins!

AustinMike

I decided that I want to jump into Production as my "home" division this year, after I use up my remaining .40 supplies in Limited. I heard the local police supply place was getting in some Glock demos and I went by, hoping to find a G34. I'm not a cop, but they sell used and demo guns to civilians. They didn't have any G34s, but they did have two G17s "demos" that are brand new! No evidence of having been fired outside of factory test, all factory grease intact, etc. Consecutive serial numbers even! The guy was writing out the price tags when I walked up. $360 each, with 3 mags each. Damn, you can't tempt me like that! I'm still going to get a G34 to compare and see if I like it better, but I just couldn't walk away from a deal like that! I'm usually a day late and a dollar short on things like this, so I guess it was just my lucky day. :goof:

We all know what they look like, but here they are anyway. Behold the beautiful side of ugly! :wub: A little polish, decent sights, some of Eric's tape and they'll be ready for action!

post-5942-1205198144.jpg

Sounds like a wonderful deal! :cheers:

Keep 'em both, or sell one for a tidy little profit with 2 mags and make out like a bandit! :goof:

edited to add: Damn they are both 3rd gen. even ........... :blink: crazy nice deal

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

you had a good deal. Would you sell me the other one for $400.00 so that I can start shooting production?(kidding aside)

Looks new to me.

Sorry, they're so pretty I think I'm keeping them! I never thought I'd buy a new Glock. There's lots of deals to be had out there, just be patient and look around. Check with police supply places, CDNN, Summit Gun Broker, etc. My first Glock was a factory rebuild that I paid like $350 for.

A little polish, decent sights, some of Eric's tape and they'll be ready for action!

You had asked me what I do with my Glocks. I haven't really changed much over the years.

- Factory extended mag release

- Standard (NON-extended) slide stop/release

- grip tape

- Good fixed sights. I've been using a set of modified Heinie Slant Pros for years, but the Warren (Sevigny) sights are what I would go with.

- 25 cent trigger job.

I wear 3 Safariland mag pouches, in front of a double mag pouch. Loader mag goes in a pocket. (I start with 10+1 in the gun and 5 more mags on the belt.)

I run a stock recoil spring in the 9mm. My loads are 125's and TG at 135+ pf

A little polish, decent sights, some of Eric's tape and they'll be ready for action!

You had asked me what I do with my Glocks. I haven't really changed much over the years.

- grip tape

- Good fixed sights. I've been using a set of modified Heinie Slant Pros for years, but the Warren (Sevigny) sights are what I would go with.

- 25 cent trigger job.

I wear 3 Safariland mag pouches, in front of a double mag pouch. Loader mag goes in a pocket. (I start with 10+1 in the gun and 5 more mags on the belt.)

And that right there is why I love them! For about $700 you can be ready for a match with a solid shooter in your hand!

- grip tape

- 25 cent trigger job.

Friend, you're never going to impress an IDPA Sharpshooter, running that rig. You need to disable at least two safeties, in your quest for the sub-1lb trigger, but the gun is still safe, Jack, thanks to your secret trigger job, see? Your Glock should have $72 of aftermarket springs from different makers, and don't skimp on any part that comes in titanium, or, best of all, a rare-earth metal.