Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New? and conflicted

Forester

Forester,

It sounds like you have been doing your homework.

You read, learn, dryfire, and do the things it takes to get better.

You have set out goals for yourself.

As long as you continue to do that, I think it is safe to say you're going to do well in any division.

You can stay in L10 or SS and develop your skills until you go as far as your talent and ambition will take you.

Nothing wrong with that.

However, it sounds to me that you have been around just long enough to start feeling that need for speed.

You want to know what it feels like to blast through a stage without the limitations imposed by 10 round magazines.

Give limited a try.

You may find it is exactly what you are looking for as a competitor.

I have shot in Limited division for several years now and enjoy it immensely.

Even so, I still sign up for L10 from time to time.

There's nothing wrong with broadening your horizons.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

Sounds like you're looking for a challange to me, if so, then I say shoot Production. Stage break down for mag changes, Splits, Transitions, Movement etc. etc. PLUS!!!!.............Minor Scoring. ;)

Or just shoot whatever fancies ya. The more guns in the safe the better.

I will give Ltd a try though since I can borrow a gun and see how it suits me.

That is always nice. Especially if it is from that Master class shooter that you mentioned. Chances are...he has all the bugs worked out and gear is functional.

Forester, I do beleive I shot on the same squad with you very recently. I enjoyed the experience and appreciated your information on the Cobra mags after my brand XXX stuck in my gun!

What I saw was your friendly disposition, great attitude, and real good shooting skills. If it were me and I shot like you, I'd become a Master with what I currently shoot. But with your dedication you'll be a master with anything you choose.

Guess what I'm trying to say is wether you go for it or not, just have fun and enjoy regardless. You've got the skills needed and the attitude to be successful regardless of the division.

Just my .02. :cheers: