Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ar State Idpa Championship

Matthew_Mink

I had the best IDPA match of my life. After 13 grueling stages shot in the rain I realized that I probably had placed in SSP Master class. When the scores were posted, not only did I place, but I was the SSP Champion! I then compared my times with the other divisions and realized that I had scored lower than they did also, I even beat the ESP Champion. I almost couldn't sleep last night.

The funny part was, everybody was standing around the score sheets saying the same thing: Who is this guy?

I had the same experience at the Washington State IDPA Championships. After the match was over, I knew I'd done well, I thought I might have won the CDP Expert title. I was totally shocked when they called my name as the CDP state champion. Now, unlike you, I didn't have the lowest score at the match. There were several people who have lower scores than mine - but fortunately for me, none of them were firing a .45 auto.

Thanks everybody. :D

Also forgot to mention that I won one of the side matches. (6) 8" plates on a rack at 10 yards, arms at side, no concealment. Timed run, the winner got a nice placque. Somehow I beat Ernest Langdon and Bobby Spradlin on that one.

They also had a Texas Star side match, but that was an effort in futility. <_<