Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XRE, From what I am reading here, Eric was asked for why he lost, and said why. (giving a reason) I don't think he wanted people to think he really should have won, or whatever(he didn't try to excuse his loss).

You seem to be doing a great job of giving some insight on his mental game, but I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Thanks, Ben - you may have a point, esp. regarding whether he was trying to say "I would have won, except for these things...". Another point that I made to Luca in a PM just a bit ago was that it may not be the most accurate thing to try to read Eric's post as precise English, and so I might be reading something more in there than he intended (ie, there might be a translation issue).

Still... I see those sorts of patterns all the time in the ways that people talk, even very successful people, especially when they're put in an uncomfortable position they're not used to. I've been guilty of it occasionally, myself, of course, too. Usually, these things come out as part of subconscious discomfort, and not some sort of conscious plan to alter people's perceptions or anything - and are often times said without any sort of careful crafting or consideration about what they're telling others about our state of mind. Its very true that this may not be the case here, and its also true that I may be misunderstanding what's being said - its still the impression that I get, though.

Anyhow, that's probably enough thread drift on that.... :lol:

Congrats to Max. Beyond that, the reason why Eric lost doesn't matter all that much to me. It also doesn't matter to me if he made an excuse for it or stated a reason for it (a very thin line there anyhow). When it comes down to reasons of performance, I just look at my own in a (hopefully) objective manner. It doesn't help our shooting at all to hear why shooter A won or lost unless it is strictly from factual events that happened on the range. And by that I mean in an analysis of shooting performance.

The reason why Eric lost is he did not shoot as good as Max. Period. Full stop. End of story.

Congrats to Max. Beyond that, the reason why Eric lost doesn't matter all that much to me. It also doesn't matter to me if he made an excuse for it or stated a reason for it (a very thin line there anyhow). When it comes down to reasons of performance, I just look at my own in a (hopefully) objective manner. It doesn't help our shooting at all to hear why shooter A won or lost unless it is strictly from factual events that happened on the range. And by that I mean in an analysis of shooting performance.

The reason why Eric lost is he did not shoot as good as Max. Period. Full stop. End of story.

I'm curious/interested in Eric's post game analysis of why he thought he lost. I think there's a lot to learn from his reasons. Just saying someone else shot better than me, doesn't cut it for me. The fact he took the time to tell us what went wrong is awesome!

Mick B