Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introductions......

Guest Larry Cazes

Guest Larry Cazes

Everybody, I have been lurking for a few weeks and thought I would finally introduce myself. I have been shooting various disciplines for about 15 years but just made it into my first IPSC match last week. I am definitely hooked! There are 4 or 5 active clubs here in northern california with enough weekend shoots to keep me very busy. I am shooting limited 10 with 2 single stack 1911s, a Springfield and a Valtro. Last week overall, I placed 9th out of 19 shooters. I am actually very happy to have just not made a fool out of myself at my first match!

Larry

So, you’ve decided to run away and join the circus! …and let the games begin.

Welcome aboard. I too am a comparatively new transplant from other shooting disciplines. One of the first and I think the best advice that my IPSC mentor gave me when I started was to come to this forum.

The folks here have patiently listened to my sometimes-inane questions and offered solid advice based on real “been there, done that, you should avoid that” experience, sometimes chiding, ultimately ALWAYS supportive.

Ed

Larry,

Which Valtro do you shoot and how do you like it? How long have you owned it? I have two of them on order from John Jardine. I couldn't decide between the blued model 1998 (1911) or the hard-chrome............. so I solved the problem and ordered one of each!! :P

Welcome to the site. You will find that the best folks around are consistently participating on this site. We don't have any of that "My dad's bigger than your dad" crap here. Everyone works and plays nicely together.

And (whatever you do, don't let him know that anyone said this), but Brian is a great "host"! :P

Best to ya',

Jeffro

Guest Larry Cazes

Last october, I bought the standard blued model direct from him. It has functioned 100% through almost 4000 rounds of my handloads so far and it handles very nicely. My only complaint has been the finish......It is no less durable then any other blued finish I have owned but I prefer stainless or hard chrome and it does show quite a bit of holster wear. Eventually I plan on having it hard chromed or refinished in black Boron Carbide. A friend of mine had his KZ45 slide and hardware finished in balck diamond boron carbide and it looks great and shows zero wear so far. I am sure you will really enjoy the guns! They are great shooters.