Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest generation Glock mag issues

nuclearmonkey

I was wondering if anyone was having issues with the latest glock magazines for the 17 / 34. I have had four malfunctions over the last 250 or so rounds that were nose up on the second to last or last round of the mag. At first I thought it was my kkm barrel not liking my 1.130 oal zero 147's. I switched back to the stock barrel, and still had issues. I have since noticed it happened on all new magazines (have been shot maybe a couple hundred rounds or so and that's it). The springs feel nice and tight (much tighter than the mags I have been using with the gun since I purchased it a year ago)

I am shooting a 34 with a full length tungsten guide rod, and an 11lb ismi. The ammo is around 130pf.

Thanks in advance!!

nm

11 pounds ISMI recoil spring may be your problem. I was never able to go any lower than 13 pounds when I shot a Glock. 11 pounds is a touchy area. You are at the lower extreme or recoil springs.

Perhaps the slide doesnt have enough strength to get the last couple of rounds out of the mag.

Thanks for all the replies... Mag release looks to be in good order. It has actually happened on two glocks - (one was my virtually new 34 backup with the exact same setup as the original) I think I am going to try and isolate the problem with a really long shooting day at the range. It seems to only happen on the last two rounds or so, which seems to sound like a mag issue - except both mags were brand new. (I am unfamiliar with having to break in mags - so not sure if that is plausible or not) I guess first I will shoot a bunch through only the older style magazines and see if I still have the problems. If so, I guess it may be safe to say it's the 11lb spring. I just hate to change it cause the gun is running so nice and flat with the setup I have right now. There is nothing more frustrating than... "click".

Thanks all

nm