Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the Smith M&P 9mm, 40 and 45 the same

eerw

the Smith M&P 9, 40 and 45..

would the same holster fit all three..or are there any dimensional differences in the slides?? thanks

The 9x19, .40 S&W and .357 SIG versions are the same size. The .45 is slightly larger - the ejection port is longer, and the barrel is .25" longer. Overall there's about a .5" difference between my .40 and .45. The slides are within a couple thousands of each other in width.

the Smith M&P 9, 40 and 45..

would the same holster fit all three..or are there any dimensional differences in the slides?? thanks

The 9x19, .40 S&W and .357 SIG versions are the same size. The .45 is slightly larger - the ejection port is longer, and the barrel is .25" longer. Overall there's about a .5" difference between my .40 and .45. The slides are within a couple thousands of each other in width.

so if ordering a holster for one..is there one that is .45 M&P specific?

Yup, there's a different holster for each...as well as mag pouch. I've got two holsters for each, an OWB and an IWB. I got them from Mike Benedict at http://www.talontactical.com, but Comp-Tac also now offers holsters for both. Check on the M&P forum, there's a sticky thread on holsters and accessories.

Rummaging around through my stuff, the Fobus Glock 9x19/.40 mag pouch works for the .40, and the Uncle Mike's G20/21 mag pouch works for the .45. My Dillon Leather tension-adjustable double stack mag pouch works for the .40 as well, as do the #2 Comp-Tac single pouches (but barely).