Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

since money is tight.... sponsors?

Ridgerunnr

<_< Open your own Business. / Go self employed. That way you will have to work 60+ hrs a week and wont be able to shoot much at all. Thin you can sponsor /spend money on advertising at shooting events. And you will have your sponsorship. <_< Just make shurr your wife has a good job to pay the bills.

60 hours is a part time job for me! lol..I work 40 hours for a company then I Do have my own business as well. I also am divorced and raising my kids alone so I know ALL about shortage of time AND money. :rolleyes:

MY kids all love to shoot, my oldest (law enforcement in WA) is probably going to do USPSA out there as well. My daughter who is 15 flat out shoots any boy who dares come around..lol

Self employed = Self sponsored. :D Anyone here claim it as a business write off? advertisement expense right?

I think it is a worthwhile idea, the sumer softball leagues have all kinds of sponsors. As do a lot of other "hobby" sports.

I know a lot of other Chiropractors, PTs, Sports rehab types, and gyms that love sponsoring local athletes..

They also like to do it for people that are already established as patients. I am a sucker for it, especially juniors - I couldn't turn one down. Heck a T-shirt and $20 a month for a season goes a long way to making someone feel good and promote a good image for your business in the community.

Also makes you proud when they want you to have their trophy and you can display it for your other patients/customers... definitely a win-win

I have been a "sponsored" mountain bike racer for several years...I haven't won any nationals and you wouldn't know my name. I ride for a local shop. We get discounts and some swag for free...and free tune-ups (One sponsor is an orthopedic Dr. clinic).

The main draw for the shop is local brand awareness. When a bunch of sponsored guys show up you can't help but notice us.

Cycling has even more obnoxious uniforms than shooters...and we don't wear underwear...but that is for another thread.

In addition to the shop sponsor, one year I contacted the owner of a local establishment that we frequented (we like beer too). I took a proposal for $300 and a list of all the events I would be at and they paid me. I put their name on my stuff and all was happy. At the end of the season I took them a picture of myself with their name showing proudly.

That $300 helped to pay for entry fees that year for me and everyone asked about a the bar who sponsored a cyclist.

I too have thought about approaching a local shop...

One drawback is that they may want to tell you what to use for equipment.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

hk_mtbr