Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bob Dylan on XM

EricW

http://www.xmradio.com/bobdylan/

Dylan's radio show on XM makes me wish the commute to work was longer. He plays everything from songs in Swahili to Buck Owens in the same show. Very eclectic and very listenable. For 60 minutes, Dylan is the king of cool.

+1 for sure.

He also has a wonderful, dry sense of humor...I remember hearing a show around Christmas in which he said something like...."As a courtesy to our British listeners, when I say the words 'color' or 'honor', I'll be spelling it with the extra letter; with a 'u' in the word...." :)

As an FYI, if you call XM and ask nicely, they will renew you for $77 for a year. Tell them you saw the discount announced on automotive blog or whatever. Two codes that people are using are:

XMSCION03

zwinbackmyp1

The CSR I spoke to didn't even ask for a code. :) Too bad they won't let you renew multiple years. I would have zero problems popping for multiple years at that price. Having Bob Dylan pick good music for me to listen to is as neat as going to a great restaurant and letting them pick out dinner for me.

As an FYI, if you call XM and ask nicely, they will renew you for $77 for a year. Tell them you saw the discount announced on automotive blog or whatever. Two codes that people are using are:

XMSCION03

zwinbackmyp1

The CSR I spoke to didn't even ask for a code. :) Too bad they won't let you renew multiple years. I would have zero problems popping for multiple years at that price. Having Bob Dylan pick good music for me to listen to is as neat as going to a great restaurant and letting them pick out dinner for me.

Thank you, Eric. I did call. It wasn't quite that easy for me, but after threatening to quit, and by God, I *was* ready to quit -- it annoys the HELL out of me that there are different pricing tiers, special codes, etc, -- I got that rate for a year, as well.

Seems that people who have been loyal subscribers for 3+ years should be the FIRST to get a special rate. But this is true of cable, satellite, etc., etc., etc...<fume>

All's well that ends well, however. Facing reloading w/out being able to pump out Deep Tracks from the computer, was a frightening thought. :)

I've read feedback that's pretty consistent with your story. It's all about who picks up the phone on the other end. If you make enough calls, eventually you'll get an amiable CSR who will simply give you the rate. I don't understand the policy either because I think most folks would simply drop the dime on multiple years for that rate and XM would be a lot more cash flush for it. I love the idea of paying just for the programming and getting that in return. Having Tom Petty or Dylan DJ the deal is the clincher. It makes the whole thing a no-brainer. :)

Eric, I should have known you were a Dylan fan!

Lately, I've had a well used cassette of "Good As I've Been to You" qued up in the gun room.

I had my 14 year old kid listen to "Subterrainian Homesick Blues" a few months ago. Now she understands who really invented rap. :rolleyes: