Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caliber change and slide length rulings

Frazier

Hello gentlemen. I am not new to guns, but new to the forum and new to competition shooting. Lots of great information on this forum. I have a question regarding caliber and slide length change under Limited or Limited 10 rules - which seems a little confusing to me. I have some funds for this project, but not a lot.

I would like to shoot a standard 5 inch 9mm 1911 single stack in ADPA Enhanced. I have small hands, can get 10 round mags in 9mm, and there is no major/minor issue. Under Limited 10 rules, using the same gun, can I change out the slide and barrel to a Caspian 6 inch long slide, lightened, in 40 cal, so I can shoot major? If this is legal, is it because the rules say "components" as well as production guns, and there are many 1911 longslides made in all calibers?

I also have a Glock 24, and I would like to try both for Limited, at least at first until I determine which works better for me. Shooting in Limited, if I wanted to put in a conversion barrel to 9mm (like for Steel Challenge), that would not be legal, because that constitutes a caliber change?

I don't want to start a great debate here on the validity of the rules. I believe in following competition rules both in letter and intent. I just want to make certain I understand, and don't have any problems with interpretation at matches.

Edited by Frazier

I don't think there are any issues as long as you stick to the Limited / L-10 divisions in USPSA.

Your 6" Caspian project is good to go.

Your Glock project sounds fine too. Change the barrel and shoot 9x19 for SC. Perfectly OK.