Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Magazine Pouch position

Filishooter

hi,

I've been basically using my IDPA setup for the USPSA Production matches I've been shooting lately and want to get some specific equipment for Production and have a few questions. Is there any restriction on magazine pouch position on the belt – does it have to be on the centerline or can they be mounted forward on the belt? Is there any restriction on degree of cant of the magazine pouch? I'm thinking of getting Safariland 773s for my M&P, but if there are any of the above restrictions I might as well stay with what I'm already using.

Thanks,

Andy

We used to have the center-line rule, but we relaxed it slightly and we now have the same rule as IPSC Production. The gear on the belt for Production has to be behind the hip bone. You don't get to put it anywhere, but you can probably move it forward a couple of inches if you like...kinda depends on your hip bone.

No rule on the cant, free to use what you like there.

I run 3 safariland single pouches (from my limited gun rig) and then one double mag pouch (Fobus or Bladetech, or whatever it is)

We used to have the center-line rule, but we relaxed it slightly and we now have the same rule as IPSC Production. The gear on the belt for Production has to be behind the hip bone. You don't get to put it anywhere, but you can probably move it forward a couple of inches if you like...kinda depends on your hip bone.

No rule on the cant, free to use what you like there.

I run 3 safariland single pouches (from my limited gun rig) and then one double mag pouch (Fobus or Bladetech, or whatever it is)

Thanks for the quick reply!