Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poppers

JThompson

I don't see anything about the presentation of poppers. I would assume that the calibration area must be visable to shoot. Does the whole popper need to be seen or can parts of the popper be obscured? If so how much? I can't find anything about this one.

Thanks

Edited by JThompson

I don't believe there is a rule on this, and I don't think one is needed.

Poppers must be calibrated, and if the RM can't hit the calibration zone pretty much every time, the stage is doomed.

A miss on steel is minus 10 points, if it will take more than a few seconds to get a hit, engage it and move on.

I was just wondering if I missed something. I would like some sort of formal ruling on what needs to be visable. This came up during a discussion at the club and I don;t like not having something official to quote.

I spose I could email John....

For calibration purposes, you'd pretty much have to leave the circle visible, but that's about it. Like Lawman said, I've seen and used them with a "donut" over everything but the calibration circle.

I've also seen them behind clear plastic soft cover, used to blur the outline a bit.

Troy

I guess I take that and run with it... I am a bit suprised they didn't define it. As it is now you could really do whatever you wanted with them. Don't get me wrong... I like the freedom and am not asking for more rules.

Thanks to all who took the time to share their opinions.