Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comp III Holders

kevinpagano

Kevin,

Welcome to SSR.

You can have (3) - (2) in front of the holster and (1) behind. If you chose to wear them on your supoprt side, they must be behind the centerline of your hip.

See the rulebook pg.39.

For the holders themselves, contact Jeff Wiemholt - great guy, fantastic product: jweimholt@cox.net

We're glad you've figured out this whole semi-auto thing is a fad,

Craig

Revchuck, is the one your using behind the belt just for the initial load. You can only have 2 loaders for the stage, am I right? Just curious.

Kevin

Kevin - Two magazines, but three speedloaders. It's on page 39 in the rulebook.

ETA Bones was quicker on the keyboard!

Edited by revchuck

Thanks guys. I will look into the options you give me. I went out and practiced a bit and found that this will take some gettting used to. Loading becomes a real skill.

Any suggestions on a good load? is it better to go heavier bullet or lighter ???

158 grain RNs are the usual bullet used. Both plated and lead work. Other possibilities are 150 grain .356 FMJs made for .38 Super and also 160 grain RNLs for .38 Super - you can often get the latter sized .357-.358 to match your revolver's throats.

If you're going to be using a .38 Special revolver, sticking with lead bullets will let you make the 125 PF within available loading data. If you're using a .357 Mag gun, it gives you more leeway.

Here you go- here's my regular IDPA SSR rig for those "round" days.

The carrier is a plain ol' HKS medium #103, with almost a full minute of Stanley utility knife work. The cut was determined by trial and no error. I've done a couple and they just work fine.

There's no need for unsnapping during the reload. The speedloaders come out with an easy tug. On the other hand, I have yet to have one come out unintentionally, even running and jumping.

As for the load, those are Berry's 158s with the book max of 4.8gr of Vihta Vuori N320. It makes an easy 840fps in a Colt, way over the power floor for SSR. The empties pretty much fall out on their own.

That load comes from a guy who got bounced from a state match when his book-plus Titegroup load failed to make the floor by 20fps. The VV320 is worth every dime. Plus, it's just about the cleanest thing you can put in your chambers.

Bill

KCIDPA.jpg

Edited by Cherryriver