Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40s&w XD

G+16

true, i've been out of the game for afew years, but i do try to keep in touch with it. I got my monthly updare from Brownells yesterday and they have a listing now for mag ext. base pad for xd's for 9mm/40, and 45acp. With a added 5 count for9, 3 for 40, and 3 for 45acp, anyone tried these yet?

the 9 and 40 would prob.workout, but I think the 45 would push it over the 140 limit, anyone know? :surprise:

I know the 9mm/40S&W one are under limited legal. Had mine checked at Area 8 this year. I believe the 45ACP versions are also limited legal.

I use them on my XD-40 in Limited-10 (for extra length to clear my magazine well) and the occasion three-gun match. I got some of the ones before Arrendondo started selling longer springs too and found that using ISMI Glock 17 140mm magazine spring worked perfect with the XD follower. I ended up trimming a coil and half off them (IIRC) and they worked perfect with 15rds. I can get 16rds in them but can't get them in the gun on a closed slide. I am thinking a new thinner follower might make that 16th round work.

mcb

I know the 9mm/40S&W one are under limited legal. Had mine checked at Area 8 this year. I believe the 45ACP versions are also limited legal.

I use them on my XD-40 in Limited-10 (for extra length to clear my magazine well) and the occasion three-gun match. I got some of the ones before Arrendondo started selling longer springs too and found that using ISMI Glock 17 140mm magazine spring worked perfect with the XD follower. I ended up trimming a coil and half off them (IIRC) and they worked perfect with 15rds. I can get 16rds in them but can't get them in the gun on a closed slide. I am thinking a new thinner follower might make that 16th round work.

mcb

Which magwell are you using? I wanted to know if these will work with the nho magwell.

shane

They are all 140mm legal. They don't work with the NHO magwells "as is", as they are designed to seat on the base of the pistol magazine well. If you get the extended base pads, you should get the packs that come with the extra power springs, especially in the .45. Barsto is going to make some extra capacity one basepads and there is a rumor that they may make a magwell that works with the Arredondo pads.

Which magwell are you using? I wanted to know if these will work with the nho magwell.

shane

I custom made my own magazine well for my XD. I have kicked around the idea of making more but have not had the time to pursue it. I have a design that would work fairly well for injection molding but do not have the resources to finance the mold. I prototyped it on our CNC mill here at work and have been using it a lot in competition with no problems. It works with all basepads and does not require any modification to the XD to attach although it did require some custom fitting to get it right.

Pictures if you interested.

Web page with description

Final picture with grip tape

mcb

They are all 140mm legal. They don't work with the NHO magwells "as is", as they are designed to seat on the base of the pistol magazine well. If you get the extended base pads, you should get the packs that come with the extra power springs, especially in the .45. Barsto is going to make some extra capacity one basepads and there is a rumor that they may make a magwell that works with the Arredondo pads.

Does this mean you can make them work,and if so how much modification are we talking about?

thanks,shane