Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Put Into Hospital

Ed K

I got to feeling very ill last Thursday night. Friday I woke in terrible abdominal pain. Went to ER. The did all kinds of tests and said we're admitting you into the hospital. Ended up being stress induced pancriatitus. THE most painfull experience I've ever been through. Finallly got out today. Still feel like crap, but at least I'm home again.

Anyway, I'm trying to sell a gun (STI Edge + Mags), and I've got my wife answering emails and PM's for the past few days. She is a sweetheart.

But trying to explain how to reply to pm's, attach photos & files to emails, etc, really sucked.

I apologize to all who asked questions about the gun & stuff. If you did not get a reply, pm me again.

Ed

Oh, and another thing.

I may have asked my wife to give you my phone number about the gun. If you called me, I have no recollection of any phone call. So if I said "aw hell, send my $100 and it's yours" I was on dope, no deal.

You see, they had me on IV's. One of which was a synthetic morphine. The neat little thing about that was they gave me a button to push whenever I needed more. Minimum of 10 minutes between pushes. I swear the first 2 days I had thumb cramps from pushing that damn thing. :blink:

Thank god I'm off of that. I did not like the feeling after the 2nd day.

Edited by Ed K

I feel your pain or at least my wife does. She had her gall bladder removed Sunday morning.

She and my older daughter had just gotten back from the Pop Warner cheerleading nationals Thursday afternoon. (4th place in their division, go Crusaders!) They were both somewhat tired as the event was at Disney and they got some park time as well. I was not too surprised when they both stayed home Friday. Beverly started feeling some indigestion around noon that never went away, just got progressively worse. This has happened from time to time but always got better. We went to bed with her not well but seemingly OK. About 2 AM Saturday, she wakes me and tells me to check on her symptoms, said it feels like when her appendix had to come out but higher up. I can't find anything specific on the internet so we call the doctor who said he can't diagnose over the phone, go on to the ER. We get to the ER around 3 and get her checked in, about 4 they get her moved back to an actual ER stall and around 5 or so get her some morphine for the pain. The stress level drops considerably after that and they sent her for ultrasound. Ultrasound reveals a 1" gall stone which apparently as blocked off the exit of the gall bladder. We talk to the surgeon and get her admitted. They did the surgery via scope at 7:30 Sunday morning and she got to go home around 4PM. She's at home for the rest of the week on pain meds and I am playing hooky so I can be her nurse.

All in all I'm very grateful that this did not happen when they were in Orlando or while we were away for the holidays.

Hope you are doing well. How long do you expect to be out of commission?

John

Edited by iainmcphersn

Ended up being stress induced pancriatitus.

Stress will kill you.... I know, it's killing me. Some of us just get more wound up about stuff than other people, I think it's because we want to control everything and make it work just right. The high cost of being a perfectionist......

Hope this goes away on it's own and never comes back.