Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Simple Answer Please

itento

I know we had a long discussion on the provisional rules for Defensive Multigun and I don't want to open that bag of worms again. On Dec 23 our club is going to run a multigun match using the provisional rules and I'd like to shoot it (since I run 6 IPSC multigun matches a year, its always a pleasure to shoot a match I'm not responsible for). I have changed out my ACOG and JPoint for a single 1.5 X 5 Pro Diamond scope, ordered a set of iron sights and a side saddle for my JP shotgun and have an IDPA legal Glock 35. My big question is, in IDPA's eyes, is my ported shotgun barrel legal. I would hate to have to fork out $230 on a new barrel just to shoot this match. Please, no discussions on the merits of the rules. Are you out there Ken????

Per those rules which state "no compensators" for shotgun division, I'd have to say that your shotgun would not be legal.

While this provisional three gun is new territory for IDPA, in the handgun divisions porting has gone hand in hand with compensators as being forbidden, so absent a ruling from HQ, I'd have to say that they mean to disallow both mods.

Not any kind of legal opinon mind you, but a pretty good guess based on past actions of HQ.

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy

Bondo and duct tape

Simple answers only <_< thats an unreasonable request ...

If the bondo to fill the holes does not extend more that 0.2178" past the outer edge of the metal . And if the duct tape is no more than 2.5" inches thick and not to be so thick so as to be used for a forward grip. = the duct tape that is :goof:

Sorry I saw the "simple answer " and could not control my mouse and keyboard :goof: post padding

Per those rules which state "no compensators" for shotgun division, I'd have to say that your shotgun would not be legal.

While this provisional three gun is new territory for IDPA, in the handgun divisions porting has gone hand in hand with compensators as being forbidden, so absent a ruling from HQ, I'd have to say that they mean to disallow both mods.

Not any kind of legal opinon mind you, but a pretty good guess based on past actions of HQ.

Ted

Duct tap :goof:

Actually the bondo might be a good modification. You can shoot the taget in front and pepper the SO at the same time.

I guess I also figured the ported barrel would be considered a compensator. I just ordered a replacement barrel from Midway. I guess its always good to have a backup. (Boy the reverse arms race is getting expensive :wacko::unsure: .