Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Confused about model names and some basic questions ...

rrpalma

Hello,

I recently purchased 2 Tanfoglio pistols. One of them is a Stock Custom (kind of like a Stock II, with aluminum grips, mag well and a full dust cover, but since it was not approved for Production, I guess Tanfoglio came out with the Stock II).

The other is what EAA calls an Elite Limited, but the Tanfoglio site used to call it the Limited Custom. Now there´s a new Limited Custom 2007 model with a polymer coating, and a lighter slide. I assume the original Elite Limited, in hard chrome, is still been made?

I am very satisfied with my 2 pistols. But I have this itch to purchase a 1911, and am considering a ParaOrdnance S1445 Limited (http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=11) This is the only 1911 brand available in this country.

Any info / thoughts on how this particular ParaOrd compare to my Tanfoglios as with regard to fit, finish, accuracy and reliability would be greatly appreciated. The STS is not available here.

-- rrp

Edited by rrpalma

Hello,

I recently purchased 2 Tanfoglio pistols. One of them is a Stock Custom (kind of like a Stock II, with aluminum grips, mag well and a full dust cover, but since it was not approved for Production, I guess Tanfoglio came out with the Stock II).

The other is what EAA calls an Elite Limited, but the Tanfoglio site used to call it the Limited Custom. Now there´s a new Limited Custom 2007 model with a polymer coating, and a lighter slide. I assume the original Elite Limited, in hard chrome, is still been made?

I am very satisfied with my 2 pistols. But I have this itch to purchase a 1911, and am considering a ParaOrdnance S1445 Limited (http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=11) This is the only 1911 brand available in this country.

Any info / thoughts on how this particular ParaOrd compare to my Tanfoglios as with regard to fit, finish, accuracy and reliability would be greatly appreciated. The STS is not available here.

-- rrp

I started competing in IPSC Standard class with a Para 16-40 Limited, the 40S&W version of the pistol you mention and was very happy with the pistol in general. The fit and finish was VG but mine was not as tight for a Limited model out of the factory as I would have liked although this didn't seem to affect accuracy. In terms of reliability, I did have some issues with bullet shape but eventually found a good combo that worked well. The biggest issue I had was the grip size which sometimes was an issue when trying to get a good grip position on the draw etc.

I went to the Limited Custom HC after trying one at a comp and loving the feel of the grip etc. The fit and finish on mine is excellent as is the accuracy, even better than my Para, while reliability is the best I have had from any pistol to date, this thing just doesn't seem to jam! Couple this with the fact you can stack your mags to 19rnds with the right set up means you can equal or outload a Para mag.

Personally I am absolutely sold and would not go back to a Para, S_I, SPS etc for anything.

Hope this helps.

Get the Para, don't give up the Tanfoglios. See what you like better. I don't think a gun makes a better shooter, a different gun may or may not be more comfortable. As long as it works every time, it's a good gun. If it works every time and you like it, then it's a great gun.

Thanks J-Ho / Vous for your feedback.

I'll probably buy the ParaOrd. Was more concerned about accuracy and fit & finish when compared to my Tan Limited than anything else.

I will happily go along with J-Ho, keep the Tanfogs and get the Para as well!!!