Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Heights

coldchar

I am shooting Single stack, Icore Ltd, IDPA SSR and Steel. For ICORE I can use the Blade Tech DOH

holster which is extremely comfortable. This holster puts the gun at basically the same height as my 012 holster I use for my steel longslide. Very comfortable draw height. Both SS and IDPA require a belt high mount (still using Blade Tech pouch holsters). Should I use the belt high event for all events to standardize the gun location or is it okay to use different gun heights? I index off the inside of my forearm and to date I have not had a problem, but I want to do things right over the long run. Not just because it is okay today but will causee problems later.

That's a personal choice but I personnally have all my rigs set up to be compliant with both USPSA and IDPA so that the gun is always in the same place.

IMO... moving it around and using different holsters is asking for trouble. (dropped gun, poor grip etc.)

If your IDPA rig is a quarter second slower in an USPSA match that willl probably be overshadowed by your consistancy.