Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 vs. G24

Revopop

I ran across a complete G24 upper for $350. Thought it might be kind of cool to have, but I'd have to spend a bit more to bet an unported barrel and I could just buy a G17, G19, or some other Glock I don't have for about the same amount of money. Unless there's a real advantage to the longer gun in Limited. Anybody shot both and see a good reason to pick this up?

I've really liked going from a G22 to a G24. The long slide rocks! The longer sight radius gives me confidence on longer shots and it shoots flatter. Going from a G35...probably not as much difference. You'd still get some extra sight radius. The G24 is too long IMO to pull out of a standard holster though, so you'd have to go with something like a Ghost (that's what I use.) I run a Lone Wolf barrel in mine, which is $100. You could find a cheap G22 to make up the lower and have something suitable for carry or IDPA. Check with Mark at www.summitgunbroker.com, I think he's trying to move some inventory before year end and might be cutting some good deals on rebuilds or police trade-ins. I'd try to talk the seller down to $300 myself, but the G24 and 17L have gotten freakishly high in price lately. Glad I got my G24 before prices shot up. I'd love to have a 17L to play with for steel matches, but I'm waiting until prices come back down to earth.

I played around with one for almost a year. I eventually went back down to my G35 and recently to a G22. I just didn't like the way the gun reacted under recoil. Perhaps it's only a perception thing but I like the way the shorter slides tracked and transitioned. The longer sight radius of a 24 is a bonus on long shots and I do miss it on those few times I have a long target. But the majority of shots I see in local matches aren't really that far (typically inside 15 yards). I would like to buy another slide or a Lone wolf slide when they become available. Then I would try machining it to see if I can reduce it's weight and see if I'm happy with it.

I have a G24 and a G35 and shot them in USPSA. I have a KKM barrel in the G24. I prefer the 24 over the 35.

G24's are only made every 5 years or so and in limited numbers. If you get this and don't like it, you will be able to sell it fairly easy.

I own a 24 and much prefer it to the 35. As mentioned earlier in a previous post the only disadvantage would be with a conventional holster. I too, switched to a Ghost holster and it is a great setup.

Mine is set up with a KKM barrel and I use a 13# non captured recoil spring and a stainless guide rod. With major loads it is extremely flat. I love it.

The advantage with the 35 is its ability to shoot in so many more divisions is USPSA & IDPA.

Edited by baerburtchell