Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TA11 on a flattop

2#trigger

The TA11 will work fine on a flat-top.

What will you run into sighting it? well I have a hell of a time shooting a good group past 100 because there is no "point" to aim with. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any trouble hitting things out past 100, I just can't shoot a little tiny group like with a regular scope with cross hairs. Its easier to sight in on target with an 8-10" black cross rather than an NRA bullseye target. Its easier to see the cross than a circle with the donut.

Edited by TMC

Ditto with what Todd said. I go back and forth on running my TA-11 and running my TA-01NSN. Both are great. Glass is great and adjustments are repeatable. Target acquisition with the TA-01 is awesome, but it's tough to beat the TA-11's donut (which is why I shoot open).

Buy with confidence.

Rich

The TA11 works fine with a flat top.

When I sighted mine in at 100, 200 and 300 is I drew circles on white construction paper that matched (as close as possible) to the inside of the donut. I knew where the holes were supposed to be in relation the circle, inside and outside of the donut. Once it was sighted in, on my rifle with 68's was top of the donut at 100, top of the inside of the donut at 200, bottom of the donut (outside) at 300.

Do a search for sighting in a TA11, specifically a post by KurtM - thats who I followed and he can shoot one of these tubes as well as anybody.

Thanks for the responses and help.

Has anyone set the center of the donut for zero at a 100yds or so? I know what I'm going to do when I engage targets quickly that are closer than that...............I will put the center of the donut right where I expect to hit! If I set it up for center @ 100yds will I be able to acurately use the other crosshair lines? Just curious. This scope will be on a flattop.

The TA-11 will function perfectly on a flat top. I have two of them set up this way, and have never had zeroing problems or B.C. problems as long as you zero the scope as intended by the factory!

If you zero dead center of the doghnut at 100, the rest of the the B.C. lines weill NOT work. The TA-11 is calibrated for 55 grain bulletsa at 3200fps 68 and 69 will be okay out to 400 I(F zeroed like the factory suggests! KURTM