CCF raceframe?

ormondopen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems to me that metal frames on a Glock are a solution in search of a problem. The entire Glock frame is a shock buffer, and is designed that way. There are lots of all metal guns on the market. I just can't understand trying to make a Glock into something it's not. It negates most of the reasons for going to a Glock in the first place (light weight, reliability, durability, ease of customization by user, limited expense, etc.) The fact that there are problems with metal frames is not surprising. <_<

Not trying to start a war here. If you feel you need a metal Glock, more power to you. I hope it works for you. One of the great things about this sport is the fun in tinkering with and customizing guns. But this is just one of those things that makes me go "hmmm?" Is the attempt to make a silk purse from a sow's ear having the reverse effect?

• 2 weeks later...

I have to chime in again with an update. I also have managed to smash a locking block to pieces after fidgeting with damn washers and springs and spacers and buffers. Broke pretty cleanly into 3 nice little pieces. I shot my first match today in almost a year with a stock glock frame and absolutely loved it. I didn't have 1 single malfunction, and was getting used to all the problems w/ the CCF. I feel like it was designed poorly, and shouldn't have been sold until it was worked out. I'll be going back to basics with my Glock, it's like love at first shot all over again :)