Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finger rubbing on the trigger guard

james57

I am using an 38S Open STI with a stippled grip, SV short round trigger insert and the bottom of my finger rubs on the trigger guard enough to caused soreness around the nail area after a match or longer practice. How can I correct this problem? Anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if I might be pushing the gun down with the trigger finger also? My accuracy is normally in the 90%+ but as a C shooter my times are slower than I would like. Any thoughts?

James

When I started to REALLY get into practice, my hands would crack, bleed, bruise from the stock mag release or new grips. If you are using proper technique and having the problem, why not modify your trigger guard? You could even add a little AGrip to it for a non-permanent fix.

I presume from the description that you are talking about your trigger finger rubbing inside the trigger guard. If that is the case, what kind of trigger insert do you have, there's a curved and a half curve one that may help, I think it was called a Enos curve or something like that.

103.jpg

Link to the SVI store --> SVI Store