Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Range Construction (Pit Area)

My gun club is in the process of expanding our main rifle range to 600 yards. I am looking for pics and or ideals on how to construct the pit area and the target boards.

I have seen some a while back at a range but did not have my camera to take a snap shot of them.

The ones they had worked really nice and they used a counter weight to keep the target in the full upright position while they were being used then you just pulled them down to score.

Thanks

My gun club is in the process of expanding our main rifle range to 600 yards. I am looking for pics and or ideals on how to construct the pit area and the target boards.

I have seen some a while back at a range but did not have my camera to take a snap shot of them.

The ones they had worked really nice and they used a counter weight to keep the target in the full upright position while they were being used then you just pulled them down to score.

Thanks

i don't know much about the construction of the pit, but here's a pic of our 600 yard pit.

post-1268-1195585168.jpg

lynn

Thanks

After looking into the cost of building a pit area I was thinking about another ideal.

Has anyone used some type of wireless camera setup to view their hits on target?

May be this will be a lot cheaper for the price range I was looking at for a 6 station pit area was going to be around 10K.