Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Witness Limited

hhsmiley

it comes with the regular safeties? I thought it would have the extended safety like on the tanfoglio website....must be an EAA thing.

Yeah, that kind of surprised me a little, but I like the ones that are on mine better. I'm used to 1911 safeties which are still narrower than these.

As far as what accuracy I'm getting - maybe saying this is the most accurate pistol I have is not what I really meant to say. It may be, but I didn't try to shoot for a group or specifically to get an idea of the gun's inherent accuracy.

It's probably better to say it is now the gun I shoot most accurately. I really enjoy the shooting sports but I'm really not that great at it. More practice is what I really need, but I'm pleased that a change of equipment seems to have improved my shooting.

I was surprised that I shot better with a gun I'd never fired before than with the ones I'm really familiar with.

I'm not sure if that's because the gun is more accurate, the ergonmoics are better, it's just mental, or all the above, but I know I like it.

On the ext safety thing. It seems as Tanfoglio changes the setup of what comes on a gun from year to year. EAA try to be consistent in what is displayed on their website as Tanfoglio might change the configuration on the same models from year to year. I've always gotten mine with ext safeties, but then again I also specifically order each gun for myself with a certain setup so I may not always be up to date on what factory is. Last year all Limited's came with alu grips which was awesome and even early models this year did. Then mid-year it changed and they all came with wood grips. I think this is due to the new model, the Custom Limited which helps make the two models stand apart more. Same thing happened with Stock and Stock II. The Stock II has adjustable sights, which Stock in the past used to. Now the Stock has a different set of adjustable sights.

• 1 month later...

Well, I finally got to shoot my Limited in a match tonight. The gun really is awesome.

Since ammo is so expensive right now and I'm usually really busy, I don't get to practice shooting very much. Matter of fact I usually just shoot two matches a month and never get a chance to shoot in between. This will keep me from ever being one of the "top dogs" so I try to gain every advantage I have in other ways. By having good equipment at least I can gain a little ground on the competition.

"Good equipment" is one thing but I've never had a piece of gear improve my performance like this. The gun's ergonomics seem to be so ideal for me that lining up the sights when I draw just happens automatically and really speeds up getting on target.

No kidding, I'd have to guesstimate my times were reduced by at least 25% shooting this gun instead of my 1911, because I'm not "waving the gun around" trying to line up the sights after I draw, and as the gun's settling after the shots break. The recoil feels much less than my .45 1911, or even the Springfield XD 9mm I shot for a little while. I guess that's mostly due to the slide mass being a little lower, the Limited's heavier weight, and the way it fits my hand.

At IPSC ranges "super accuracy" is not really a big deal but my hits really improved also. I'd say the better hits in this match were 5% due to better accuracy inherent in this gun and 95% due to it just being so "shootable" for me. I had just one "mike" in the whole match. Normally I'll have a few. It was on the last stage and I know it happened just because I was feeling so "bulletproof" with the way the gun was running, I pushed just a little too far for a bit more speed and dropped a shot.

I'm just using factory ammo. My understanding is that most people load their own ammo a little long, but the gun had no jams or any other problems.

I had a few slow double taps, I think because I was "shortstroking" the trigger. I just need to get used to the longer reset to the Lim's trigger vs. the 1911, which will come as I get more used to it.

I'll have to see what happens when the results are posted, but I'd guess I went from my normal middle of the pack finish, to top 25% in tonight's match. Until I can get to the range more, I'll probably never win, but it sure is fun to perfom better.

Anyway, sorry for gushing like this, and I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I love this thing.

Lot of good mine did me - first time I took it to our weekly plate league I won the whole damn thing - and I've only won once before in like 5 years! So now I have to shoot handicapped against everyone else for winning! ;)

I'm loading long. I noticed with factory 40S&W it wasn't feeding as well - in fact, I was having a friend shoot it, and it double fed two rounds, popping one right out and then feeding one into the chamber - never seen something so odd in my life, but I caught the full loaded never fired round and spent casing that flew out!

Sounds like yours is working out well for you! Hopefully I'll get to a USPSA match soon too!

~Mitch