Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Modified Comp III speed loaders

vrmn1

What is the purpose?

How do they work differently?

Getting ready to cut on some but not sure why. :wacko:

vrmn1, The main reason to cut them down was to eliminate the speedloader from pulling out a round when loading. The walls will drag the round out when it pops off or is pulled off. Also the hole in the trigger mechanism will hang up on the rear of the pin thus filling the hole in the mechanism eliminates that and also makes them initiate sooner. This will also allow the speedloader to work faster. It allows the loader to work when everthing is not so perfectly aligned as in match sitiations. And beside that it looks coooool. But you still need to practice reloads to get smoooooth.

What is the purpose?

vrmn1, The main reason to cut them down was to eliminate the speedloader from pulling out a round when loading. The walls will drag the round out when it pops off or is pulled off. Also the hole in the trigger mechanism will hang up on the rear of the pin thus filling the hole in the mechanism eliminates that and also makes them initiate sooner. This will also allow the speedloader to work faster. It allows the loader to work when everthing is not so perfectly aligned as in match sitiations. And beside that it looks coooool. But you still need to practice reloads to get smoooooth.

Thank you sir!!!!!

I just cut one down this morning to try. I still have to fill the hole.

I cut this one down on a lathe, that worked out pretty well with out take it apart. I snipped the housing off and chucked it up.

I didn't cut off as much as you do, I can always go back and cut more. I cut it off even with the piece in the middle that hold the cases in.

Roger, how did you get the mud out of them after your last adventure?

michaels

I ain't found that one yet. :blink: I am hoping when I make back up to Tulsa there will be a Comp III tree growing that I can harvest in the early fall. :rolleyes:

What is the purpose?

Thank you sir!!!!!

I just cut one down this morning to try. I still have to fill the hole.

I cut this one down on a lathe, that worked out pretty well with out take it apart. I snipped the housing off and chucked it up.

I didn't cut off as much as you do, I can always go back and cut more. I cut it off even with the piece in the middle that hold the cases in.

That leaves you a bunch to play with on the Saf Comp III's. If you think I cut mine down alot you should take a look at the ones the crew I used to hang around with. Mike Henry would even cut the sides down on the K Frame Jets so the rims of the brass was exposed to give him more room next to the cylinder. So that made me the conservative one. :ph34r: