Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whoa is me

Dave Gundry

I'm not diggin the SP01, so I think I'll put my effort elsewhere...

A shop a little ways away has a few Match's in 40 & 45. So here's my thinking:

Keep shooting my Match 9mm in L10 - and have spare money to upgrade to some Henning base pads and have fun in L, upgrade my mag pouches, and maybe even get going on my first winter project (painting the motorcycle) :D

Or

Grab a Match 40 or 45 and shoot in L10 until I can afford the mag upgrades. I would need to buy the gun, all new mags, and expensive ammo... but at least I might have a chance at being competitive, maybe even win a stage or 2, and possibly move up the class ladder a bit quicker...

Where to from here...???

if you are not diggin the SP01 get what fits you..

keep shootin' the 9mm until you can afford the .40..

or sell off the SP01 and maybe the 9mm..get the .40, 5 mags and a reloader..

good luck on your search..

Just some nit-picky stuff - the trigger absolutely needs professional help, even with my moderate skill, I just don't see how I can get it the way that I want it without sending it off for a $300 trigger job (even then I'm not sure it would be what I'm looking for). And I don't like certain engineering designs in it (i.e. non-captured safety detent, trigger pin, and firing pin stop). Basically, I'm a dork. Other than that it points very nice and feels nice. One could easily learn to shoot it well, I would rather not have to put that much into a platform I'm not happy with.

It is a decent gun, I'm just a tad crazy about what I like.

What is it that you don't like about the SP-01?

I'm curious too. I was thinking about getting one.

I love mine..and fits me really well..I have seen a few people..where the trigger didn't fit right..or they didn't want to deal with the DA/SA transistion..

I'm not diggin the SP01, so I think I'll put my effort elsewhere...

A shop a little ways away has a few Match's in 40 & 45. So here's my thinking:

Keep shooting my Match 9mm in L10 - and have spare money to upgrade to some Henning base pads and have fun in L, upgrade my mag pouches, and maybe even get going on my first winter project (painting the motorcycle) :D

Or

Grab a Match 40 or 45 and shoot in L10 until I can afford the mag upgrades. I would need to buy the gun, all new mags, and expensive ammo... but at least I might have a chance at being competitive, maybe even win a stage or 2, and possibly move up the class ladder a bit quicker...

Where to from here...???

Listen to what I'm going to tell you: Get it in 40! With the $$ you'll save from buying the match vs the Limited, buy a Dillon Square Deal B in 40 as well and start making your own ammo.