Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

November's Classifications are up

I thought that if a classifier was over 15% it wouldn't be used. Now if my club had uploaded the last four months the 84.77 % class I shot recently should have been used. Weel, they didn't upload it and my other classes were 60-62-41-47. They were all pretty much blow ups. The first one after I got classed, and the pressure was off, I shot 84%. :) My question is why did they use the 84.7% class when I was rated at C. I had four on file and this one was the 5th. Don't get me wrong... I'm glad I they used it, but I was wanted to know why they did??? There should be another 75% and an 80 something, waiting to go in if my club ever gets off it's ass and does their job.

Thoughts?

http://www.uspsa.org/dw/classificationPolicies.html

I've read the rules... what I'm saying is using the high one doesn't comply.

"Your percentage is based on your scores as they relate to the high score on

file for a particular course of fire. The best six of your most recent eight valid

scores on different courses are averaged for your national classification (an initial

classification will be issued based on the best four of your most recent six

scores, however). No scores below 2 percent are entered. To help insulate against

typographical errors, scores more than 15% above your current class, and scores

more than 10% below your current class are generally not entered (ex: above 90%

or below 50% for a B-class shooter."

Did you actually look at that page? It's not talking about the RULES, it's talking about the POLICIES. It reads to me like it is a judgment call on the person entering the scores.

Me? No I just lied and said I did.... wtf It's a judgement call as in they can take past matches etc... into account. What I'm saying is that there was no reason for them to assume I am anything but a C. Hell, I'm glad they used it... I just wonder how they concluded it should be used.

Edited by JThompson

Me? No I just lied and said I did.... wtf It's a judgement call as in they can take past matches etc... into account. What I'm saying is that there was no reason for them to assume I am anything but a C. Hell, I'm glad they used it... I just wonder how they concluded it should be used.

LMAO....nice reply.

I do know that when I was U in Limited they used my 94+% classifier and it surprised me a little since it was about 10% above my next highest Limited score on file.

Well, no, you didn't actually say that you did, and you quoted something that wasn't even on the page, so it wasn't exactly obvious. Sorry if I offended you. I suppose if you really wanted to know you could just ask them.

I hear ya man, these scores are all over, granted I was suffering from "new gun not running right" but how did they know that. They have counted everything so far. Have an 84% somewhere out there if the club would ever post it. :angry2: Hate being accused of being a sandbagger.

Date Percent Entered

9/08/07 Y 87.2627 10/11/07

8/11/07 Y 43.6578 9/11/07

7/15/07 Y 57.6548 10/30/07

7/07/07 Y 47.8692 9/11/07

6/03/07 F 26.6527 6/05/07

6/02/07 Y 45.1627 7/06/07

5/20/07 Y 32.9455 5/31/07

In Oct. that 57% wasn't there ( club entered it 3 months late) :angry2: so I had a 26 - 87 points spread. :surprise: So much for the A flag ( over 15% above class) even though it was legit. :D It is funny though, I read a post here that someone had called the head office to get them to count one he had smoked and they wouldn't do it, A flag. Go figure. I am curious but I just shoot it and it will all work out in the end. Cause what is written in their National Classifier Course Book is definitely not reflected here.

I hear ya man, these scores are all over, granted I was suffering from "new gun not running right" but how did they know that. They have counted everything so far. Have an 84% somewhere out there if the club would ever post it. :angry2: Hate being accused of being a sandbagger.

Date Percent Entered

In Oct. that 57% wasn't there ( club entered it 3 months late) :angry2: so I had a 26 - 87 points spread. :surprise: So much for the A flag ( over 15% above class) even though it was legit. :D It is funny though, I read a post here that someone had called the head office to get them to count one he had smoked and they wouldn't do it, A flag. Go figure. I am curious but I just shoot it and it will all work out in the end. Cause what is written in their National Classifier Course Book is definitely not reflected here.

This means that Sedro thinks you're a sandbagger :P

LMAO....nice reply.

I do know that when I was U in Limited they used my 94+% classifier and it surprised me a little since it was about 10% above my next highest Limited score on file.

Yes. That one IS spelled out... The first four (now) or six (before) were used for initial no matter the dif in scores, but once the initial is made they take into account the 2% under and 15% over. They still can use them, but take into account things like past matches and classes to decide whether they use it or not.

Well, no, you didn't actually say that you did, and you quoted something that wasn't even on the page, so it wasn't exactly obvious. Sorry if I offended you. I suppose if you really wanted to know you could just ask them.

Sorry carrie, but after you posted I said I read it and then you came back with a, "did you even read it?" and I thought you were being sarcastic.

Date Percent Entered

XD's a bagger. :P All kidding aside that looks much the same as mine. I guess they just use them all unless it's under??? I really don't care as I was going for it to try and class low A or high B which is where I shoot if I have it together.

Edited by JThompson

I finally snuck my way into B Open with a stunning 60.72%! :cheers: Now I'm in the same classification as Big Guy and Fireant. They're my heroes! :bow:

In honor of their dual role modeling, I had two brain fades at today's match while shooting with them. How do I get back to C? :blush: