Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would this setup work?

TannerB

Hello all, ive been reading on here for awhile and finally decided to post. heres my deal. I keep seeing alot of post about lone wolf barrels. and im so confused. Im pretty new to competion shooting. and my current setup is a 35, with 3.5lb trigger, meprosights. I want to get the threaded conversion barrel to shoot 9mm and the lone wolf comp for it. i know i will need new mags, but other then that will this setup work reliable? I do not make my own ammo, over the counter for me. will the 9mm be strong enough to cycle the gun with the comp? or do I also need some diffrent springs? Thanks, yall seem to know what yall are talking about!

Hello all, ive been reading on here for awhile and finally decided to post. heres my deal. I keep seeing alot of post about lone wolf barrels. and im so confused. Im pretty new to competion shooting. and my current setup is a 35, with 3.5lb trigger, meprosights. I want to get the threaded conversion barrel to shoot 9mm and the lone wolf comp for it. i know i will need new mags, but other then that will this setup work reliable? I do not make my own ammo, over the counter for me. will the 9mm be strong enough to cycle the gun with the comp? or do I also need some diffrent springs? Thanks, yall seem to know what yall are talking about!

Your 35 can compete in L10 and Limited right now.

If you put a 9mm barrel and a comp on the gun, you will change your class to open.

You will be shooting against those of us with big big mags and optics.

Is that what you want to do?

If you put a 9mm barrel and a comp on the gun, you will change your class to open.

Yea i'll run against the big boys, where I compete right now its not a idpa format.

Yea i'll run against the big boys, where I compete right now its not a idpa format.

add the comp and a dot, and welcome to the dark side! :ph34r:

If you are planning to use a frame mounted optic, you may well run into trouble. With an unaltered slide, and factory ammo, you are probably going to have brass bouncing off the scope or mount and back into the ejection port.

With a Carver Hunter mount and an S&J Customs 9mm Major comp, I'm running the lightest recoil spring that will close the slide, and I still need to load my ammo hot to get the pistol to run reliably.