Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL Firing Pin Spring

srodriguez1101

I have an SVI IMM 38 super comp with no blow holes just the comp. I have been trying to find a load but everything I try showes primer flow. I ordered a new XL Firing Pin and spring. Is is ok to trim the firing pin spring to get the firing pin stop to fit?

If there is anyone else with an SVI IMM 38sc with no blow holes could you please let me know what type firing pin and spring you are running along with what load.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Santiago

i'm not a gunsmith but i don't think cutting your firing pin is a good idea.

do you happen to have the interchangeable breechface?

i just tried to install a XL firing pin and spring into a ICB and you're right, i can't get it to the point to install the firing pin stop. It might have something to do with the screw thats used to hold the breechface in place. You might want to call SV and verify what your options are but i would hold off on cutting the spring down.

I have an SVI IMM 38 super comp with no blow holes just the comp. I have been trying to find a load but everything I try showes primer flow. I ordered a new XL Firing Pin and spring. Is is ok to trim the firing pin spring to get the firing pin stop to fit?

If there is anyone else with an SVI IMM 38sc with no blow holes could you please let me know what type firing pin and spring you are running along with what load.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Santiago

hey you and me both, but I got extra holes in mine as well! you can read the whole thread about it under 9mm/38 loading data - SV IMM first test fire.

my new pin and ISMI spring is in the mail and I really hope it isnt too long :(

does any firing pin fit in these ICB guns?

I don't know about "any" firing pin, but the Dawson XL fits and the standard Ed Brown fits too. If you use a Dawson, buy an extra. I've broken 2, one in an SV and one in an STI. (With and without the IBF)

primer flow signs disappeared with the McLearn M2i XL firing pin. Trimmed the pin spring to same lenght as the old one had, by holding the pins with respective springs on them, so the base of the pins were level. Cut about 3 coils off it.

Now the light strike problems I had went away as well. Gun fires NATO rounds reliably now, so the federal primed home loads definately will fire now.

Edited by jostein jensen