Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Tungsten Magwell

surfmaster

I used the tungsten magwell on a Limited gun for several years and it really helped with my arthritis and tendonitis. Frankly, I just can't imagine using one on an Open blaster. Of course, if your gun is too harsh and violent, the additional weight would be cheaper than buying a new blaster.

I used the tungsten magwell on a Limited gun for several years and it really helped with my arthritis and tendonitis. Frankly, I just can't imagine using one on an Open blaster. Of course, if your gun is too harsh and violent, the additional weight would be cheaper than buying a new blaster.

How did it help the tendonitus???

My tennis elbow is getting to me and I bought another SV to make a 9mm to shoot for the winter.

I thought about shooting 9mm major-iron sights with a small comp for the winter too.

The heavier weight in the grip makes the gun more centered in the palm vs. out on the top of the slide (sorry, but that's how i can best describe it). I've shot of couple of guns with Beven' mag well (including his) and it's something you really like or feel like it's a boat anchor.

The easiest thing to come close to the weight is using the brass Dawson's ICE magwell + a ZM steel mainspring housing.

I tend to favor the lighter guns (which is why I have tennis elbow??) because they point better for me.

My oldest gun has a 10 oz slide but has a bull barrel and a tungsten guide rod...

I've never tried a heavy framed gun but it seems to make sense that the weight under your hand should help.

I tend to favor the lighter guns (which is why I have tennis elbow??) because they point better for me.

My oldest gun has a 10 oz slide but has a bull barrel and a tungsten guide rod...

I've never tried a heavy framed gun but it seems to make sense that the weight under your hand should help.

I think most would tend to agree, an open gun with a full magazine behaves better than a gun with a near empty magazine. But an open gun with a full magazine and a "9 oz." magwell would feel like a cinder block! I think ballance is the key. I use a ZM mainspring housing and a steel STI magwell. Together they weigh maybe 4 ounces. It feels like a good combination. Gramms was also offering a 6 ounce version at one time, but I haven't inquired about them in years.