Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Several Benelli questions from new board member

Red in MI

There are SEVERAL thing that can cause slugs to hang up, no porting as above, weak lifter spring, filled in lifter not bent down at 8% at the nose, lifter dog nose too square. BAD MAGAZINE SPRING!!!

I have a C-RUMS lifter gate installed and it was causing slugs to hang up. I bent the nose of it down like Kurt suggests above and it runs fine now. Easy fix, no grinding.

Anybody have a picture of this bend....need to make the mod.....how far back.

not as sophisticated as the other suggestions, but my M1S90 Field 21inch needed to have the slots on the loading gate radiused. After a match I found I suffered from little 1/4 inch chunks taken out of my fingernail. The shell latch was very stiff on my gun, and removed it and gave it a slight tweek. Talked to KurtM at Benning and he suggested another modification... tanks Kurt...

Kurt's suggestion about the light modified choke tube has been perfect...

If you add a set of flip up slug sights (I used Ruger 10/22) you will need a pretty tall front sight to get slugs to point of impact... mill it in as low as possible

on the Benelli2 thing... you should have seen Jeffy when he lived here in Florida... he did some amazing modifications to an ambidextrous safety on a 1911 with a pair of diagonal cutters

regards Les

There are SEVERAL thing that can cause slugs to hang up, no porting as above, weak lifter spring, filled in lifter not bent down at 8% at the nose, lifter dog nose too square. BAD MAGAZINE SPRING!!!

I have a C-RUMS lifter gate installed and it was causing slugs to hang up. I bent the nose of it down like Kurt suggests above and it runs fine now. Easy fix, no grinding.

Anybody have a picture of this bend....need to make the mod.....how far back.

I bent mine down about 1/2"-5/8" back from the tip - just a bit, as you can alway bend a bit more if needed. Does cycle better - you basicly want it to go to the same height as the original when in the up position.

If you go too far, you won't be able to get rounds out of the mag tube without cycling the action.