Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rather tired of all the optics I've tried - what about this?

johncrighton

I've been using the Meopta 1-4 Zplex on my main 3gun rifle, and the little Weaver on my backup carbine and .22 upper. Both are outstanding scopes. I now have 4 of the Weaver 1-3 scopes on varioius rifles, and I think it is the best value on the market. But then, I haven't tried everything out there, either. (If someone would like for me to try everything, please send a check for, oh, about $100,000 or so!)

I've also used the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25 - 4, but I had some parallax issues with it. Being lazy I haven't sent it back to the factory yet, but I think they'll stand behind it. I loved that scope until I discovered the parallax problem, which explains some of the mystery misses I had with it, especially at the MGM Ironman this year. Now that I've been using the Meopta I think I like it better, if only because of the true 1X on the low end. It seems like you can see the whole world through that scope!

The Leupold 1-4x20 scopes should be good choices, also. They make a VX1 shotgun scope (parallax set to 75 yards) for about $200, and a VX2 rifle scope (parallax 100 yds.) for about $300. Anyone have any experience with these little Leupolds? I've heard they are very rugged and dependable.

I've come to the conclusion that you don't need complicated or illuminated reticles for 3 gun. The simple duplex reticles work just fine (but don't get the heavy reticles). So that's one place I'd save money to begin with. The fiber optic on my Trijicon is pretty nifty, but I don't really think it bought me much of anything. Looks pretty, though!