Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA shooting in Shreveport area?

sfinney

Ok, just checking to see where someone who might live in the Shreveport/Bossier area goes for USPSA matches..... seems like the closest thing is Texarkana, or ?

I see the Miculeks have an IDPA club at the range in Princeton, The Shootout....... and some steel shooting ..... no more IPSC there, except for Area 4?

I also see there is a long range rifle range south of Shreveport, is that worth checking out for tactical rifle type stuff?

Thanks!

<_< What about the "Good Time Shooters" = 100 miles West

Yes, thats Tyler..... about 1.5 hours west. Nice club.

I used to live in Shreveport about 10 years ago, and the USPSA club was at the Clark's range, Bossier Parish Practical Shooters, but I think those guys all shoot mostly IDPA now.

Any IPSC clubs in Shreveport vicinity, or is Texarkana/Tyler/Natchitoches (all 1 hour plus) drive) all there is?

USPSA and IDPA shooters in the Lake Charles area shoot in Orange and Beaumont. There's a USPSA club in Leesville that I need to check out. There used to be a USPSA club in Natchitoches, but I haven't heard anything about it lately. Other USPSA clubs are in the south and southeast of the state. Northern LA seems to be a practical shooting wilderness for some reason.