Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 627 do you like?

vrmn1

The slab side barrel or the V comp barrel?

Or should I look at th 327?

I will use it mostly for steel challenge. If I ever get over to the ICORE match here in Jawja it would work nice. I have also thought it would be fun to spank some production USPSA ass with a 8 shot revolver at our weekly fun shoot. :lol:

The slab side barrel or the V comp barrel?

Or should I look at th 327?

I will use it mostly for steel challenge. If I ever get over to the ICORE match here in Jawja it would work nice. I have also thought it would be fun to spank some production USPSA ass with a 8 shot revolver at our weekly fun shoot. :lol:

vrmn1, is the 327 the one with the shroud and baynet lug err I mean the flashlight mount? :ph34r: I have got to shoot this one on one occassion and I like it. It seems light enough to point quickly, and is pretty accurate. If I had a chance to get the 327 at the right price I'd go for it over the V Comp Barrel and it would be a toss up on the other. later rdd

I have one of each of the 627's you mention. The slab side points and swings faster between targets and I use it for Steel Challenge. The V-Comp Is a lot better for me in ICORE and other run and gun matches that need a second shot on target. I haven't shot the 327 yet, but I usually check out what the fastest drivers in the race are driving before I make a new purchase. I think I would ask Randy @ Apex about his thoughts on trigger jobs on Scandium frames.

and btw, it is a lot of fun to beat the bottom feeders (I mean flat guns).

$0.02 given :D

Dave

Greetings,

My recommendation leans towards the lighter profile 627 if it is to be used as a cross-over gun.

As Dave W. said, the V-Comp works well for ICORE, but transitions on steel can be a bit more challenging.

I can't recommend the Sc framed guns for competition use- they just weren't designed to take the abuse that fast DA shooting places on them.

~Randy

As far as "Steel" goes, I'd say either the "Standard Contour" barrel on the "Regular Production" 627 OR the "Skinny Barrel" contour on the Model 27/"RM" repro would be MUCH better than the V-Comp...

Tony, IF you're gonna' shoot the December "Monthly Steel Match" at GGC, I'll let ya' "Play With" one of each, IF you like...how's that???...HTH....mikey357

As far as "Steel" goes, I'd say either the "Standard Contour" barrel on the "Regular Production" 627 OR the "Skinny Barrel" contour on the Model 27/"RM" repro would be MUCH better than the V-Comp...

Tony, IF you're gonna' shoot the December "Monthly Steel Match" at GGC, I'll let ya' "Play With" one of each, IF you like...how's that???...HTH....mikey357

I may take you up on that, I will let you know. I am leaning toward the standard slab sided gun.

I did shoot this past Saturday, you should have been there. We had I know 7 revolvers.

Nothing to brag about but I shot my best total time ever.

Edited by vrmn1

Tony, I would have LOVED to have been THERE...rather than being stuck at home battling a G.I. "Illness"...heck of it was, it was WINNING!!!...mebbe' NEXT Month!!!....mikey357

--I looked at the results...Pretty GOOD, Tony! BTW, what "Roundgun" was "Dito" shooting???

Edited by mikey357