Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Integral Locking System (ils)

EricW

[Political Discussion of the Virtue of Gun Locks Mode OFF]

[Not Wanting to Listen to a Moron Gun Dealer Babble Mode ON]

Anybody have a clue on what it takes to get a new Glock with the ILS? Can I add it on later to a new model Glock? Do the new grips all have the slots molded-in? Anyone know the costs involved? Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks!

Flex,

I'm OK with that - in fact I'm OK with sending my frames in for exchange to get the feature. Worst case I'd trade in my carry gun to get the feature - something I'd rather avoid...

Last I heard from Austria is that they're an option on new guns but I don't think you can retrofit them.

I've played with the prototype and it's very cool. They should be in general production soon, if not already. I'm not sure about the price but I'll check.

I'm thinking it'll be heap big cool - especially when I go somewhere without a gun safe - like my Mom's. I'm going to try and sweet talk the folks in Smyrna into doing a frame exchange when it's released.

Here's the official reply I received from Glock:

"With regards to your e-mail dated April 16th, 2003 concerning the GLOCK Integrated Locking System, we would like to inform you that this new system is not being actively marketed yet. Moreover, installing the device into existing pistols implicates the exchange of the frame. All other parts can still be used".

Hence the ILS (and the price) remains unavailable for the time being (and I don't want to speculate why), but at least we know you must change your frame to retrofit one to an older pistol.

Uncle Vinny,

You're da MAN! When I grow up, I want to be as connected as you are. :)

As far as "not being marketed" whoever wrote that email ought to check out the Glock Annual they sent out with my GSSF flyer. I saw at least three full pages devoted to the locking system.

Hmm......