Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana gold VS. Precision Delta

steel1212

Montana Gold all the way given the choices you have outlined. It is a more consistent and more accurate bullet. Zero are very good too.

Really, as much as we moan about bullet prices it is a small part of the overall money we spend to do this. We spend THOUSANDS on the best/coolest/latest gun, magazines and gear. We spend match entries, travel expenses, and on and on. Then we buy the cheapest bullet we can find? We expect our multi-thousand dollar guns to perform as well as possible with the cheapest bullets we can find? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Like putting E85 in a race car.....

Practice bullets? Sure, save some money if you can while getting a QUALITY product. Dry fire more too, but don't go cheap on match supplies.

+1 Howard nailed it.

My wife and I have been shooting a lot of Precision Deltas with good results. Sure they smoke a little, but it's rare that I notice it while shooting. Like everyone else has said, I see the smoke when watching our practice videos. I have had to tumble a batch of their bullets due to some odd coating, and I always find several bullets that have to be rejected per thousand. With Rainier, the worse I've seen is a single 230 grain .45 bullet mixed with the .40s.

I do tend to use Rainiers for the most part. No smoke and all my guns like them. I usually use the 180 HPs, but I just tested the plated flat points with great results as well. I tried Berrys 180 HPs, but they shoot crappy in my Para and what I have will be used in practice only. They do shoot pretty good in my wife's KKM barrelled G35 though.

My wife and I have been shooting a lot of Precision Deltas with good results. Sure they smoke a little, but it's rare that I notice it while shooting. Like everyone else has said, I see the smoke when watching our practice videos. I have had to tumble a batch of their bullets due to some odd coating, and I always find several bullets that have to be rejected per thousand. With Rainier, the worse I've seen is a single 230 grain .45 bullet mixed with the .40s.

I do tend to use Rainiers for the most part. No smoke and all my guns like them. I usually use the 180 HPs, but I just tested the plated flat points with great results as well. I tried Berrys 180 HPs, but they shoot crappy in my Para and what I have will be used in practice only. They do shoot pretty good in my wife's KKM barrelled G35 though.

I would use rainiers as well but for the price. The best deal I can find is the 2k with shipping from midway for 190 shipped. For that price I can get jacketed almost.

So what's the best place to buy MG 180's?

I usually buy Zero 180's from Angus, but he's out and I can't find them anywhere else either.

Straight from MG is the best place. Unless you can get a good price from a local shooter that buys by the lot.