Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M Run?

JThompson

I'm not sure if this goes in the what I like or what I hate. Since I classed myself so low I was hoping I might suck up a couple prizes before I got bumped up from C. I guess I was a bundle of nerves trying to class at A for my initial. I had some really nasty scores. The first class I shot after the initial was Fluffy 2... I walked up to the line not giving one damn how it went. One of the guys says, "Let's see what a sub 4 looks like. I smile at him and say... I"m a C shooter bro. I was first and had a start with the timer off... stand by........................................... I look at the RO and he says, "Umm hold on a sec it was off" The squad and I have a good laugh and I pull myself back to shooting mode. The beep goes and I spin and make the grab... missed slightly and took an extra bit of time to get a proper grip. I hit the first popper and shoot the three and the sec popper. I look at the RO who has a sheepish grin as he reads 3.58. Then I get some some shit from the squad when we walk up to the targets and they are all As. :o. I get a couple of sandbagger remarks as well as an "C shooter my ass." I do a quick number crunch and think I just may have shot my first M class. I have never shot FR 1 or 2. I get home and punch the numbers in and see I shot an 84.51%

Damned if I didn't just miss an M by the hair of my chin. So much for sitting at C and snarfing a few prizes off the table. That run alone will bump me to B class. :):(

Edited by JThompson

John,

Good job....it must have been the Silhouette :D

I punched it in again and I must have read it wrong... it looks like 84.5 I guess I'll wait and see when it hits the USPSA website.

I think it was just the fact I didn't care and just shot.... or maybe it was the Sil. :P

don't they ignore 5% under and 15% over current class... so wouldn't anything over 75% get ignored??

-rvb

(15%) It says "generally" in the rules. I don't know in that I don't have, but four on file. To tell the truth, I really don't care to much one way or the other. If they want to ignore it, maybe, I can sandbag a prize table or two. :P

Edited by JThompson