Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pump SG that's reloadable while partially unlocked?

While shooting a match, on a couple occasions I tried bottom loading my 870 and the shell wouldn't go in. I figured out that the pump has to be like 98%+ fully forward before the action allows the lifter to be fully depresseable and therefore reloadable.

I'm not really married to this gun. Are any of the HM worthy shotguns out there reloadable (the magazine) while the action is partially/fully unlocked?

Is there some way to modify the 870 to be a lot more forgiving in requiring the pump to be 98%+ forward and still be 100% reliable?

Not to my knowledge. (edit to read without modification. thanks browndog)

It is tough, but one must learn to ways of the self shucker to be shuckercessful.

Man these nightshifts are making me goofy.

You are not wedded? Then dig up a Winchester 1300 and see how that fits.

No it can not be fed mid-stoke but it will self eject empty hulls! There is a reason it is

labled "speed pump".

Good luck.

Patrick

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Sweet nectar!

I read what 'dem foreigners had to say. I guess the gist of it is to hack the front of the lifter just enough for it to partially load unlocked while maintaining the lifters shell guiding function.

Seeing that Remmy parts are made out of recycled Coke cans and is therefore relatively cheap... I'm gonna hack away on my 870's lifter.

The link to the Global Village thread that explains this modification is below. It includes a good sequence of photographs. The mod has now been proven over 2 competition seasons and the Nova now seems to be the dominant choice of gun in IPSC Shotgun (Standard Manual Division).

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1778

As I understand it the Arvid Grind works just as well on the SuperNova.

There have been a couple of (longish) discussions on the UKPSA Forum relating to the SuperNova. The forum is only available to UKPSA members and so I've printed out 2 relevant threads and I've attached them as PDFs. You might find some of the discussion of interest. I've trief to protect you from the dross postings by deleting some 14 pages of irrelevant postings. Bl**dy Brits!

Hope you find it useful.

UKPSA_Forum_Discussions_About_SuperNova_Ext_Tubes.pdf

UKPSA_Forum_Discussions_About_SuperNova.pdf