Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Read the directions, understand the directions, then execute the direc

Dave Gundry

Just to be clear about this reshoot business, only the first run counts for the match. Though I've never seen this happen, *IF* a club used the reshoot scores for match scores, they would need a refresher course in scoring. Reshoots on classifiers get forwarded to USPSA, but only that first attempt should be used for match results. And not all match directors allow reshoots on classifiers. Personal choice, I guess.

I see people reshoot classifiers quite often, and I did it some when I started. I'd be thinking, "I just KNOW I can do better!" Now I think of classifiers as a test of my abilities at that particular moment; a way to measure how well I have prepared. If I screw it up, I wasn't very well prepared. However, if it's an external problem, like an equipment or range malfunction, I'll reshoot it to get a valid idea of how *I* am doing that day.

Just to be clear about this reshoot business, only the first run counts for the match. Though I've never seen this happen, *IF* a club used the reshoot scores for match scores, they would need a refresher course in scoring. Reshoots on classifiers get forwarded to USPSA, but only that first attempt should be used for match results. And not all match directors allow reshoots on classifiers. Personal choice, I guess.

Correct. I still placed last in the match in L10. I would have been around 5th if they used the reshoot. So my mistake wasn't without penalty.