Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kkm barrels

wcmesa

i have a kkm drop in for my g34 that has been great. I was cleaning the pistol tonight and noticed that the left side of the barrel hood near the breach face and runnig up and down (the one opposite the ejection port) is starting to round over. Have any of you had this happen before? I have approx 5000 rds through the gun and probably clean it more than a glock should be cleaned also the ammo im running is a 140 pf load . Any insight will help

This condition is a slight miss alignment to the breach face cut out in the slide.It happens on the leading edge as the barrel enters the slide. extractor preasure is also pushing every thing over to that side. this usualy wont hurt anything and will stabalize at a point..

posible fix is to radius that edge a bit more and polish every thing up. also th slide could have a bur raised up at the entry point. look at every thing under a bright light . polish up and keep playing.

John

thanks i will try to post a pic so everyone will know what it looks like. I kind a figured it was gonna be one of those things that would just go so far and then stop. I havent had time to look into it ,as soon as i do i will let you know what is making this happen. Thanks wes

• 1 month later...