Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Question about CZ75 SP01

98sr20ve

I know I can replace the hammer on this gun in production. But IDPA kinda confuses me with the statement in the rules about "factory option" and the Glock 34/35 slide and magazine releases. Can I replace the hammer for the CZ Combat/Competition Hammer that was on the SP01 Shadow. It would seem to be excluded because it's externally visible. Same could be asked of the optional magazine catch, safety. Glock gets that one because the factory will send them that way if requested. CZ USA sells a gun with these options as well but it's out of the "Custom Shop". Seems they would be better off calling it something like "Special Order" or "Law Enforcement Division".

It is my understanding that it would be legal..as the parts in question are factory parts and are options.

more importantly..the SP01 has to be lightened by changing out to lighter parts to make the SSP weight. which is important because that makes the gun also legal for ESP even with the full length rail.

I haven't seen a lot of people testing SP01 in IDPA though..the local clubs (PW and CC) run a outlaw division, so you can shoot, but not in the other divisions if any of your equipment is not in alignment..but to allow you a place to shoot..and on the national levels..you see more of the std CZ75 and CZ85 being used in SSP.