Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How well would this work?

Getting to an outdoor range to is a pain in the rear for me and I can use an indoor almost any time. I am thinking ab out getting a chrono because the one I have doesnt work. The range I can go to has florescent lights. If I were to get a chrono with a light set up and then put it in a cardboard box so that the only light is from the lighting system. I dont want to buy an ir set up because I dont want to spend that kind of money. Will putting the lights in a box work? I dont want to buy something and have it not work.

CED have two systems.

An indoor light kit that uses two or three "tubes" that work fine with their chronograph. I suspect, but can't prove, that it would work with whatever Chronograph you have or can get. Best system is IR, worth the extra money in the end, as it takes a lot less dicking about to get them to go. I am getting a CED M2 with IR set up and the portable battery pack for ranges that are difficult to get access to power. This is to replace a ProChrono that has never let me down but I need a few extra features to allow transfer to a computer and the IR system is a bonus. My brother already has dibs on ProChrono and the CED is yet to get here.

There maybe easier / better / cheaper, pick any two of the three, but you will never get all three in one package.

It's been a long time since I played in a washing machine or refrigerator box so I don't remember how light proof they are. But the size box needed depends on the distance between screens, my CED is 2' & the height is about 18" so the resulting box would be like a lagre size flat screen TV box & hard to fit into a car. Think 1/4" plywood & hinges then you can screw the light source to the top & fold it up going & coming to the range.