Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PROP IDEA - semi dissappearing pop up

Guys, I like stages with options, where you can shoot it here or run up, on the first swing or as it slows, moving or a stopped head shot.

What if I had a pop up, but instead of weighting the back of the pop so it flashed up and then fell face down, how about we put the weight on the front. Shoot the activator and it rises up and then falls back. You could shoot it on the first activation or run up for the contact shot later.

What do you think?

Guys, I like stages with options, where you can shoot it here or run up, on the first swing or as it slows, moving or a stopped head shot.

What if I had a pop up, but instead of weighting the back of the pop so it flashed up and then fell face down, how about we put the weight on the front. Shoot the activator and it rises up and then falls back. You could shoot it on the first activation or run up for the contact shot later.

What do you think?

I don't see any problems with the idea, at least for outdoors. Placement would be the issue at an indoor range.

sure, I just see it on a "cow town" type stage, where you could time it to shoot it as it presents or plan to ignore it then and just run up.

I think I see what you mean... it could be behind a low wall and present itself then drop back to a 45 degree angle over some sandbags... should work and be a cool time saver for those good enough to use it./

I have one at home that does pretty much what you suggest.

The weight is on the back. The target is leaning/laying forward. Pull the prop from under the weight and the target flips up then back down forward again.

Brad Maxedon won it at a match somewhere. So I know there is someone that is makin' it.

Talk to Tom Drazy at www.DrazyMetalWorks.com I know he can set up right up with whatever you want.

He is the one that is makin' the flip over target system that we used at PASA a few years ago. There is a video on here somewhere. Tom Fee has one or two at USSA and we used a 5 flipper at the Area 3 match a couple weeks ago. PM me and I will give you his email and cell number.