Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock

got glock

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here. I hope that I have this in the right forum. Anyway I have shot quite a bit of IDPA and have dabbled a bit into USPSA in the last year and a half. The problem is I think that I want to shoot more USPSA next year. That being said I see the guys out there shooting the open guns and that seems like a lot of fun. I have only owned a glock. I want to stay with that platform. So here goes my questions/thoughts.

1. I currently shoot a CCF Raceframe in ESP. How difficult is it to fit an aftermarket barrel to that frame? How do you know if you even need to fit anything?

2. I think that I will want to shoot .40 S&W in open. I think I would feel safer than major 9. I know that I will give up capacity, but how often is that really a big deal? Where does one purchase the big stick magazines?

3. Is there an advantage to a slide ride optic over a more traditional mount.

4. What is the consensus of the LWD barrel comp setup in .40. Does it work?

I know that I can go to SJC and order a gun, but I like the tinkering process along the way. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Charles

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here. I hope that I have this in the right forum. Anyway I have shot quite a bit of IDPA and have dabbled a bit into USPSA in the last year and a half. The problem is I think that I want to shoot more USPSA next year. That being said I see the guys out there shooting the open guns and that seems like a lot of fun. I have only owned a glock. I want to stay with that platform. So here goes my questions/thoughts.

1. I currently shoot a CCF Raceframe in ESP. How difficult is it to fit an aftermarket barrel to that frame? How do you know if you even need to fit anything?

2. I think that I will want to shoot .40 S&W in open. I think I would feel safer than major 9. I know that I will give up capacity, but how often is that really a big deal? Where does one purchase the big stick magazines?

3. Is there an advantage to a slide ride optic over a more traditional mount.

4. What is the consensus of the LWD barrel comp setup in .40. Does it work?

I know that I can go to SJC and order a gun, but I like the tinkering process along the way. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks, Charles

I don't shoot open but I could probably answer some question and hope the experts can answer the rest.

1. I believe that you can get aftermarket barrels that do not require fitting. If it did, I believe that there is two place that might need fitted, the hood and bottom lug.

2. I am not sure where to get a big stick for a glock but you must remember that some Open big stick can hold 31 rounds. That is a big advantage especially if the glock only hold 23-24 rounds.

3. With a Cmore, you lower the gun to see the dot and with a Doctor or Jpoint your hold is almost like using iron sights.

4. Don't know.

Hope this at least a start and welcome to the forum.